When we asked Pulitzer finalist Amy Freed why she chose to premiere her new play, The Monster-Builder, at the relatively small regional theater ART, she told us, “A good, representative production in a small theater is a lot better for a premiere than a mishandled production in a more prominent theater.” The comedy, about an egomaniacal “starchitect,” is one of a bumper crop of shows that debut during the Fertile Ground festival of new works. Directed by nationally acclaimed director Art Manke and starring Oregon Shakespeare Festival actors Michael Elich and Robin Nordli (i.e. this is a power-packed production!)
Read our full interview with Freed.
Read our full review of the play.
- Portland's 10 Best Salads
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- 10 Fantastic Portland-Designed Bags
- A Kure for the Common Smoothie
- Northwest Glamping
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide