The People's Republic of Portland
Features:Price: For ticket prices, visit website.
Just when we thought no jokes were left to make at the expense of our fetishized city, along comes comic-pathos powerhouse Lauren Weedman. A veteran of The Daily Show, Hung, and a slew of one-woman performances, Weedman has the chops (and the narcissism) to make it about her, instead of the same old jokes about PDX, and maybe even help us see our city in a new light.
Read our Q&A with Weedman about creating one-woman shows and whether she thinks Portland has been pilloried enough (she had to look the word up).
- Guide to 2014 Summer Concerts and Festivals
- 8 Great Northwest Swimming Holes
- The Big One: A Northwest Earthquake Survival Guide
- Portland's 10 Best New Restaurants
- Toby Froud’s New Puppet Film Returns Us to the Magical World of ‘Labyrinth’ and ‘The Dark Crystal’
- Portland’s Best Breakfast Spots
- Portland’s Best Breakfasts
- Northwest Glamping